Thursday, May 28, 2009

TV.......where would we be without it?

The entire TV being hazardous to the mind petition somewhat puzzles me. I agree, some programs are a total waste of time and I could seriously care less about what a selfish, over-botoxed New Jersey housewife does everyday. But there are some shows that I am pretty sure have made a major positive impact on the world. Like Grey’s Anatomy. I mean do you even realize how much more I know about hospitals and medicine now?

Of course it is completely unfortunate that all doctors do not look like McDreamy and McSteamy. I am certain that I would be much more excited about my annual breast examine if they did. But the show’s plots do get me thinking about if that stuff actually does go on in hospitals, and you know some of it does. I mean that thud you hear when passing the storage closet probably was not a roll of toilet paper falling off the shelf.

Another show is Law in Order. I mean, I realize I probably couldn’t pass the bar examine after an all weekend TNT marathon of the show, but I might possibly rank up there with the guy on the back cover of the phonebook.

And as far as the reality shows, if nothing else maybe they make us not-so-rich and normal folks a little happier that we lead simpler lives and less glorify those celebrities who we now see are unhappy, money-hungry, destined-for-divorce souls. Bless their hearts.

No comments: